Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review

Today is December 31st, 2012. It's worth at least a few minutes to ponder the last twelve months.

At the end of 2011, I'd pretty much put my life back together again after picking myself up from a mess.  I'd just started to "walk" again socially.  "Learning to walk again/I believe I've waited long enough", the Foo Fighters spoke to my life.  It had been a year of rebuilding.

Tonight I sit in a hotel room with my family, halfway across the country from home - not how I figured I'd end my year.  Last year, I was tired of my year, retiring to bed at 10 PM.  That way, I could be done with my dramatic year and start the new year afresh.  Apparently I got what I wanted.  This year, I'm content in myself and my life.  I've had a year of great experiences and memories that I wouldn't trade away.

2012 has been good to me.  New friends, old friends, new experiences, revisiting things I used to enjoy.  I've rekindled friendships and let some drift away.  I've found time for competitive shooting again and introduced some of my friends to the sport.  I've gone swing dancing a few times, then found a social niche there and pursued it heavily. Road trips, late nights, parties, late movies.  All these have been part of my year this year.

Rather than "learning to walk again", I've moved on with my life and grown further.  There have been times of running down life's paths in 2012 and even moments of flying (without too much crashing).  God has been very good to me.  I can't wait to see what will be new and exciting for 2013.

Life is good.

God is better.

Happy New Year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home