Thursday, October 11, 2012

Introvert

Collected thoughts on introversion:

A healthy introvert shares willingly, not compulsively.  Sometimes not intuitively, but nevertheless honestly and with integrity.

I notice more and more conversations where I listen and ponder for a long time, then speak for a short statement.  I've been known to attention-fish just a bit on that part to make sure that my words are heard.  I feel that if I'm putting in the effort to say a few words, it's probably because I think they're important.  It's not just to hear myself speak.


I'm not shy, just quiet by choice most of the time.  "It's the quiet ones you have to watch."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

As my brother's shirt says "I'm not anti-social, just shy: You can talk to me!"

October 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home