Wednesday, October 25, 2006

With God, All Seems Upside-Down

Some thoughts on how I see the ways of God:

From pain
        comes new life.
From sorrow
        comes amazing joy.

Only through my weakness
        is His strength shown.
When I come to the end of myself,
        He's just getting started.

Though sorrow lasts for a night,
        joy comes in the morning.
The world tells me to put myself first.
        Jesus tells me to put only Him first.

"They tell me to abandon You
        to make my dreams come true/
But what am I supposed to do
        if I only dream of You?"
            (a song I heard on the radio)

When we are going through the wilderness,
        God shows Himself.
When times are easy and God has blessed us,
        we turn from Him and spit in His face.

The God of the universe
        became a helpless baby.
Contained in that stable
        was something bigger than the entire world.

Is it then through eyes blurred with tears
        That I see most clearly?

God, take me through the valleys
        that I may have greater appreciation for the mountains.
Help me remember that to be exalted,
        I must be made low.

Further Up and Further In! "All the real countries are only spurs jutting out from the great mountains of Aslan." (C.S. Lewis, somewhat abridged)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, the comment feature works again! I don't quite remember what I was planning to write when I read this Friday morning, but it seems to really sum up lots of Jesus' ministry and touched my heart to read.

October 29, 2006 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home